- TOURIST CARD RULES AND REGULATIONS
TOURIST CARD RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Tourist Card Project – a special offer for the people visiting the Pomeranian Voivodeship aimed to promote tourism.
- Organiser – Gdansk Tourist Organisation Association with its registered office in Gdańsk (80-530) at ul. Uczniowska 22, entered in the register of associations, other community and professional organisations, foundations and independent healthcare facilities of the National Court Register maintained by the District Court Gdańsk-Północ in Gdańsk under number KRS 0000139108, tax identification number (NIP) 5832887298.
- Partner – entity participating in the Tourist Card Project, who under the contracts concluded with the Organiser shall offer its products or services to the Card Users on special terms defined in the Guide.
- Establishment – the Partner's establishment accepting the Tourist Card.
- Guide – information about offers of and discounts granted by the Partners; the Guide shall contain the address details, photograph of the Partner's product, service or registered office, and a description, available on the Internet website www.visitgdansk.com/kartaturysty.
- Card User – the Tourist Card buyer who completed the Card Activation.
- Tourist Card – a plastic card carrying electronic data of the Packages, having its individual number and an electronic chip, also storing the Card User's details (customised). The medium can be used repeatedly to store an unlimited number of Packages purchased by the owner.
- Packages – special offers of the Partners targeted at the Card Users and valid throughout the term of the time Option starting on the date of Package Activation. The Packages are stored in the Tourist Card in the form of electronic data.
- Package Activation – Package Activation is conducted at the time of sale by the Card User and requires the stating of the activation date by the Card User. The package activation may take place exclusively during the validity term stated in the description of each and every Package. The time Option starts upon the Package Activation.
- Time Option – 24, 48, 72 or 720 hours – depending on the type of purchased Package.
- Package – an electronic ticket, constituting an additional offer top-up for the Tourist Card accepted by the Establishments described in the Guide, entitling to discounts, rebates or benefits described in the Guide.
- Metropolitan Ticket – an electronic ticket, constituting an additional offer top-up with Time Option accepted by the means of public transportation in the Gdańsk Bay Area Metropolitan Transportation Association (Railway-public transportation metropolitan ticket of all organisers) on the terms defined in Resolution no. 20/2007, with later changes, of Zgromadzenie Metropolitalnego Związku Komunikacyjnego Zatoki Gdańskiej, available in the current version on the Internet website www.mzkzg.org, which is subject to change on the terms defined in the aforementioned documents.
- Reader – control device enabling verification whether the specific Tourist Card contains an activated Package entitling to admission to a specific Establishment, to a discount or to other benefits.
- Authorised Point of Sale – Tourist Information Point managed by the Organiser. List of Authorised Points of Sale can be found on the Internet website www.visitgdansk.com/kartaturysty .
- Partner Point of Sale – a different point of sale of the Tourist Cards and Packages. Partner points of sale are listed on the Internet website visitgdansk.com/kartaturysty
II. GENERAL INFORMATION
- The Tourist Card constitutes an offer of discounts, rebates or benefits granted by the Partners as a part of the individual Packages described in detail in the Guide and valid throughout the term indicated in the Guide.
- The discount offer as a part of individual Packages shall be available from the moment the Package is entered in the Tourist Card. The Package constitutes an electronic ticket constituting a top-up of the Tourist Card:
- It is accepted by the Establishments or by the Partners described in the Guide on the terms and conditions described in the Guide. Information about the benefits offered as a part of a specific Package can be found in the Guide;
- The discount, rebate or a different benefit being a part of the Package may be used exclusively after the verification of the Tourist Card and Package validity in the Reader available at the specific Establishment. The Card User shall provide the Tourist Card to the Partner for verification. IN the case of doubts as to the identity of the Card User the Card User shall confirm their identity using proper documents. If the Tourist Card is not provided or if it is found invalid or there is no valid Package or if the identity is not confirmed or if the Tourist Card holder is not the owner of the Tourist Card the Partner may deny the discount, rebate or a different benefit.
- The Metropolitan Ticket constitutes an electronic ticket constituting a top-up of the Tourist Card:
- Valid during the term of the Time Option;
- Authorising to ride on buses, trolleybuses and trams of ZTM in Gdańsk, ZKM in Gdynia, MZK in Wejherowo and on the SKM trains between Luzino i Cieplewo (without section or zone limits) on the terms and conditions defined in Resolution no. 20/2007, with later changes, of Zgromadzenie Metropolitalnego Związku Komunikacyjnego Zatoki Gdańskiej, available in the current version on the Internet website www.mzkzg.org;
- Authorising to unlimited number of changes of the means of transport on all connections of ZTM in Gdańsk, ZKM in Gdynia, MZK in Wejherowo and trains of railways Szybka Kolej Miejska (SKM) and Przewozy Regionalne (PR) - on the sections the end so of which are the stations: Babi Dół, Cieplewo, Luzino and Reda Rekowo, on the terms and conditions defined in Resolution no. 20/2007, with later changes, of Zgromadzenie Metropolitalnego Związku Komunikacyjnego Zatoki Gdańskiej, available in the current version on the Internet website www.mzkzg.org;
- The Organiser may change the offer at any time as a part of individual Packages by expanding them to include additional Establishments, additional rights to discounts or other types of rebates or services. The change of the offer, referred to in the previous sentence, shall apply as of the introduction of the corresponding change on the Internet website www.visitgdansk.com/kartaturysty.
- The Organiser may change the offer at any time as a part of individual Packages by removing specific Establishments, rights to discounts or other types of rebates or services from the offer. The change of the offer as a part of individual Package entailing removal of specific Establishments, rights to discounts or other types of rebates or services from the offer shall not apply to purchased and Activated Packages. The Organiser shall announce the change via the Internet website www.visitgdansk.com/kartaturysty.
- After the Package is activate it is impossible to change the Time Option expiration date.
- It is possible to repeatedly top up the Tourist Card with the Packages.
- The full list of Partners is available on the Organiser's Internet website: www.visitgdansk.com/kartaturysty.
- The Tourist Card is not a payment card.
- The Tourist Card is a registered card. The owner's signature is required for the card to be valid.
- The current version of the Rules and Regulations is available on the Organiser's Internet website: www.visitgdansk.com/kartaturysty .
- The sale prices of the Tourist Card and of individual Packages are determined by the Organiser.
- Persons entitled to a rebate may purchase individual Packages taking into account the rebate.
- In the case of Packages the rebates are available to:
- war veterans - on the basis of war veteran ID;
- the persons with impaired hearing (speech) - on the basis of the ID issued by the Polish Association of the Deaf;
- retired persons and pensioners as well as widows/widowers after the retired persons and pensioners enjoying the retirement and pension benefits after the deceased spouse - on the basis of the retired person or pensioner's ID (ID issued by ZUS or a different social insurance company in the Republic of Poland) together with an ID document;
- children from 4 to 7 years of age;
- primary school, secondary school, high school post high school students until the 31st of December of the year in which they become 24 years old – on the basis of the school ID;
- university students – on the basis of the student ID;
- students of foreign universities until they become 26 years old – on the basis of the European Youth Card EURO<26 "Student" or the ISIC Card issued outside the territory of the Republic of Poland;
- PhD students – on the basis of PhD student's ID or PhD studies participant's ID.
- In the case of the Metropolitan Ticket the right to rebates in the public transportation is regulated by the Resolution No. 20/2007 as amended of the Assembly of the Gdańsk Bay Area Metropolitan Transportation Association. Information can be found on the Internet website: www.mzkzg.org.
- In the case of the Tastes of Gdańsk Packages there are no discounts. All of the variants (solo, duo and quartet) are only available in full price.
- The right to the rebate benefits persons having a valid document confirming the right with them. The person using the Tourist Card with a rebate Package should show a valid document confirming the right to the rebate on the request of the Partner or an authorised controller in the means of public transportation and at the Establishments.
IV. SALES NETWORK
- The Tourist Card and the Packages are sold at the Authorised Points of Sale and at the Partner Points of Sale listed on the Internet website www.visitgdansk.com/kartaturysty, and also online – on the Internet website www.sklep.visitgdansk.com .
- The Card User may return the "Explorer" or "Premium Explorer" Package without a cause within 4 hours after the purchase. In this case the Organiser shall immediately refund the paid amount to the Card User. The intention to return a Package should be reported to the Organiser at the Authorised Point of sale, whereas a Package purchased at a Partner Point of Sale can be returned only at the same Partner Point of Sale.
- The Package, referred to in par. 3, shall not be returned after the Package is used.
- The Metropolitan Ticket shall not be returned.
- In the case of a defective operation of the Tourist Card or a Package the User should immediately contact the Authorised Point of Sale or the Partner Point of Sale where these items were purchased.
- In the case of a defective operation of the Tourist Card or a Package purchased in the Internet store http://sklep.visitgdansk.com please immediately contact one of the following points of sale
a. Gdańsk Tourist Information Centre
Długi Targ 28/29 Street
phone: 0048 58 301 43 55
Open: 7 days a week
May – September: 09.00-19.00
October – April: 09.00-17.00
b. Tourist and Airport Information on Lech Walesa Airport in Gdansk-Rebiechowo
Słowackiego 210 Street
phone: 0048 58 348 13 68
Open: 7 days a week / 24h a day
- When reporting complaints the Card User shall:
- submit the complaint in writing (on the complaint form available at the point of sale);
- provide the necessary details: Tourist Card number, date and time of Card or Package expiration and details enabling contacting the Cad User;
- detailed description of the defective operation of the Tourist Card or a Package covered by the complaint;
- present the Tourist Card;
- present a purchase receipt;
- indicate method of providing information about the resolution of the complaint.
- The complaint may be submitted in Polish, English or German.
- The complaint shall be resolved within 3 days after it is submitted, unless it proves impossible due to special circumstances. In this case the complaint resolution deadline shall be 7 business days. The Card User shall be informed about the resolution of the complaint (according to the decision of the person filing the complaint) in writing by registered letter or by electronic mail.
- Complaints caused by reasons beyond the Operator's or Partners' control shall not be accepted.
VI. LOSS OF THE CARD
- The Card User shall immediately inform the Organiser at the Authorised Point of Sale about the loss of the Card.
- If the Organiser is informed about the loss of the Tourist Card the Organiser shall immediately block the Tourist Card. After the Tourist Card is blocked it will be impossible to use it again.
- If the Card User reports the loss of the Tourist Card the Organiser at the Authorised Point of Sale, having charged a manipulation fee of PLN 25 may grant a new Tourist Card number to the Card User. In order to assign a new number to the Tourist Card the Card User should provide the Organiser with a purchase receipt for the Tourist Card or a Package and the details provided in the purchase form.
Due to its unique character, the Metropolitan Ticket is assigned to a specific carrier - a plastic card or a mobile application. After the medium is lost, it cannot be recreated on a new medium.
VII. EFFECTIVE DATE OF THE RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The rules and regulations shall enter in force on 1.05.2022.
- The Rules and Regulations for the season 2021/2022 shall expire on 30.04.2022.
VIII. CHANGES TO THE RULES AND REGULATIONSThe Rules and Regulations are subject to change. The change may be published on the Internet website visitgdansk.com/kartaturysty with the date the change enters in force. The change to the Rules and Regulations shall not apply to Cards and Packages acquired by the Card User before the change to the Rules and Regulations enters in force.